So here it is! I combined the previously made coconut banana bread and chocolate pudding to make this super trifle! We had a Christmas party, and I brought this along. This trifle scores more points as a fun dessert than an elegant one.
Since there wasn’t any baking involved in this trifle (other than the banana bread), this is 0.5 of a bake, which means I’m on my 10th bake! Woohoo.
- Banana bread
- 2 barely ripe bananas, sliced
- Chocolate pudding (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans/walnuts
- Sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings/cocoa powder/raspberries for garnish
- Cut banana bread into bite-sized chunks; spread half of them over the bottom of a trifle bowl (or any deep glass serving bowl)
5. Cover with plastic wrap, chill in fridge overnight.
6. Before serving, spoon/pipe whipped cream around the edge of bowl. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate and raspberries. Or instead of the shaved chocolate, dust a very small amount of cocoa powder on top.
(adapted from The Girl Can’t Cook)