I had some leftover matcha and wanted to make more madeleines, since they’re so pretty. So this week I made Matcha Madelines. These are easy to make and delicious, especially if you like the green tea flavor! You can also substitute the matcha with earl grey tea. Happy weekend!
- 1/2 cup & 1 ts of confectioner’s sugar (65g)
- 2 tsp matcha powder (get the good stuff)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of milk (10ml)
- 1/2 cup & 1 ts of all-purpose flour (65g)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder (2g)
- 5 tbs of unsalted butter, melted then cooled until lukewarm (65g)
- Confectioners’ sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat an egg, milk, confectioner’s sugar, green tea and a pinch of salt just to blend. And set aside.
- In another bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the dry to the wet mixture, and fold until just moistened.
- Beat in melted butter slowly until thick ribbon is formed.
- Fill 2/3 of madeleine molds with batter (it may not look like a lot of batter)
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Let cool the madeleines in the pan for one minute. Then transfer madeleines to the wire rack. Madeleines should come out clean after one minute of rest in the non-stick pan.
- Dust the shell sides with confectioners’ sugar (optional) before serving.
Recipe adapted from http://eugeniekitchen.com/orange-greentea-earlygrey-madeleines/