Today, I made a special banana bread. This may seem to you quite the ordinary banana bread. It’s special because no one is allowed to eat it right now. This banana bread is reserved to be used for something special later this week. Stay tuned!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or canola oil
- 3 very ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk/plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Butter a 9×5 inch loaf pan, and preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine sugar, butter/oil, bananas, eggs, and buttermilk/yogurt. You can do this in a food processor if you’d like. Process until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients. Combine well. Pour batter into buttered pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (test with toothpick – the banana bread is done if toothpick comes out clean)
(adapted from the Girl Can’t Cook)