I am planning to share these at a seminar I’m hosting, and for a super fun pizza party – both tomorrow! Exciting things.
I added a quick grate of orange rind for a zesty twist to these cookies.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tb milk
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup uncooked quick rolled oats or wheat flakes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream butter
- Add in the brown and granulated sugar, and cream well
- Combine and beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk to the above ingredients, until smooth
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and powder, salt in a separate bowl; then combine with the wet ingredients until smooth
- Add in the oats, raisins, and orange rind
- Combine everything well.
- Drop cookies 2″ apart on a well-greased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until light brown
The recipe was adapted from the Joy of Cooking.